Woohoo! I survived the first week of grad school.
The highlights of last week include :
- numerous brain-wracking discussions on controversial topics: gender, disability, racial…etc. These discussions were so intense and calorie-burning that I often felt hungry during the break.
- constantly reminded that we are working as a closely related cohort–everyone is contributing to the class.(don’t let the anxiety get in the way.)
- impressed by my colleaues’ diversity (taught in Italy, New Zealand, Turkey. From Florida, Indiana, Georgia, DC, California, Missouri )
- discovered a bunny on my way home.
- Tried out layered beer and found I perferred cidar to Guinness.
- kicked off my writing project.
Inspiring Quotes from readings:
creating a caring without critique discourse that sounds good, feels good, but unfortunately accepts the status quo that is regidified in our institutions.
no amount of caring -if it’s not linked to some possiblity of change- is going to dismantle the foundations.